Implementation of Decorative Design in Dress Designing
The personality of a person is revealed from the clothes that he wears and the first aspect to be noticed while decorating the clothes is the design. And these designs range from nature to artificial, decorative as well as different types. The ornamental design is used to decorate the garment in such a way that it enhances the beauty of the garment and at the same time it can be used conveniently.
What is Decorative Design?
From time immemorial to the present day clothing has been used all over the world, in urging of necessity then for the sake of beauty and finally owing of decency. And the most important part of that dress is the design.
A systematic plan is called design. In a nutshell, design is an organization that agrees on industrial elements and industrial principles. There are many types of designs, one of which is decorative design. A design that is made to enhance the external beauty of something is called decorative design. Decorative designs are used to dress designing. It multiplies the beauty of clothing.
Decorative designs on dress:
Decorative design is more important for presenting anything in an attractive and visually pleasing way. Dress can be decorated in two ways.
- Decoration while weaving cloth
- Decoration on dress
Decoration while weaving cloth:
The process by which two sets of yarns are perpendicular to each other and take part in periodic brackets is called weaving. This is done by hand weaving and machine weaving. Decorations are used to enhance the beauty of a garment during weaving, hence decoration during weaving. This decorative design is done through plain or twill weaving or satin weaving.
Decoration on cloth:
The fabric can be made more attractive by applying decorative designs through dyeing and printing on the fabric.
Applying decorative designs on dress:
- Usually it can be embellished by the use of color in the dress. Fabrics made of cotton fibers are dipped in the solution in direct cotton color and then this is dyed. However, this color is darker in wool and silk. With the help of vat color and fabric can be decorated. This color is better in linen and rayon. Vegetable color is beautiful for batik.
- Printing can also be used to embellish decorative designs on fabrics. Printing is the process of embossing a colorful design on a place printed with gum or glue. Different types of printing are used to decorate clothes such as floral print, calligraphy print, geometric print etc. are very popular nowadays.
- It is printed on dress with blocks of various decorative designs carved on wood. The clothes are decorated in it. The color of the design is applied on the front of the block and pressed on the straight side of the dress. Skin prints are used to decorate garments with multiple colors.
- Attractive decorative designs are made by blocking the penetration of color through tie dye on the fabric. First they have to give rolling according to the pattern of the decorative design. The design is then enhanced by dipping the entire cloth in color.
- The batik method is also used for decorative designs on fabrics. In this case, first have to take the decorative design fixed on the fabric. Then it is covered with wax and dipped in water mixed with paint. Thus batik enhances the beauty of the fabric.
- It is also possible to create a decorative design on the garment through sewing. Decorative designs can also be created by cutting the fabric and making small flowers, leaves etc. and adding it to the garments.
- Many times different materials like stone, glass etc. are used to enhance the beauty of the dress. These are examples of decorative designs. These uses increase the demand for clothing.
- Decorative designs can also be applied during cutting before making garments. Such as hand line, neck line, change of socks, etc. can bring variety in the design of clothing.
- The motif of the dress has become quite popular. Various native motifs are being used in decorative designs. In that case the design contains some images or forms that represent that theme. These motifs are taking place in sari and salwar-kameez of girls.
Requirements of good decorative design:
- Decorative design should be used in moderate the design and quality.
- It should be placed at a structural points and strengthen the shape of the object.
- The decorative design should be suitable for the material and for the type of service.
- There should be enough background space to give an effect of simplicity and dignity to design.
- Surface pattern should cover the surface quietly.
Each person’s unique identity is revealed through clothing. This essential dress should be attractive and beautiful so as to increase self-confidence. And this beauty of clothing is created through the application of various decorative designs. Decorative design plays an important role in overcoming the monotony and diversity of designs.